The Young Farmer program is focused on engaging members between the ages of 18 and 35. The program's mission is to inform, educate, lead and serve.
The Young Farmer program offers:
- Educational conferences designed specifically for Young Farmer needs and interests.
- Networking opportunities with fellow Young Farmers who share common goals.
- Avenues to publicly communicate agriculture's unique story.
- Affect and influence public policies that impact agriculture now and in the future.
- Earn recognition in the agriculture industry for business achievements, industry excellence, Farm Bureau leadership, and employment success.
- Continue professional development
The Young Farmer program serves with a purpose by:
- Promoting agriculture education in Michigan schools.
- Volunteering for community charitable work, including the Harvest for All campaign which assists local food banks and helps feed families in need.
- Working with FFA and 4-H youth programs across the state.